Current Master of Public Health students in the Environmental and Occupational Health department, Mountain & Plains Education and Research Center (MAP ERC) trainees, and MAP ERC pilot project researchers are encouraged to present their research at our annual symposium. The event is a great opportunity for students to showcase their research, practice their presentation skills, and network with businesses and professionals in the field. Presenters will deliver a professional virtual presentation (with additional time for questions) as well as create a virtual poster. Please note that students who receive funding from the MAP ERC are required to submit an abstract unless they are Total Worker Health Certificate seekers.
Abstract Guidelines: Abstracts on all aspects of environmental and occupational health, including but not limited to clinical science, epidemiology, psychosocial and educational aspects, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, toxicology, occupational health psychology, health physics, risk assessment, emergency preparedness, air/water quality, built environment, and Total Worker Health® are welcome.
Your abstract must:
- Be 300 words or less (including authors, institutions, title, body, e-mail address, tables, and figures);
- Describe original research (either concluded studies or anticipated/early results of current studies);
- Relate to occupational and environmental health and safety;
- Include a descriptive title, list of authors and institutions;
- Contain an introduction/rationale to the study;
- Include the methods used;
- Explain the results of the study (or, if it is a presentation of study design, include a statement of anticipated results);
- Contain conclusions of the study and relevance to occupational and environmental health and safety and public health;
- State the funding source(s) and provide a conflict of interest statement. If no conflict of interest exists, provide a statement indicating as such. Funding source and conflict of interest statements do not count against the permissible abstract word count;
- And describe how this work impacts the field of environmental and occupational health.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically through this platform no later than 5:00pm on Thursday, January 28, 2021.